Booking Policy
  • Podere Marciano

    Located in the hills of the Chianti region, near Castellina-in-Chianti, Antico Podere Marciano looks directly out over the spectacular panorama of the Val d’Elsa.

    The landscape seen from its wide terraces seems as if it were lifted straight off a Tuscan postcard – gently sloping hills dotted with cypresses, castles and stone farm houses surrounded by vineyards spread out into the distance, where you can also see the outlined spires of the famous towers of San Gimignano.

    Antico Podere Marciano as it is today is the result of a thorough restoration of a traditional rural property, dating back to 11th century. This small and charming B&B has been furnished finely, taking care of all details and comforts. Common areas available to all guests of the hotel includes the living room equipped with a large fireplace and bar, the den with its library and small fireplace, the wide terraces, and the 16 x 8 meter swimming-pool equipped with a hydro-massage and a waterfall.

    The hotel is surrounded by a vast garden and wooded area where there are paths to explore on foot or on mountain bike. The villa has a wide terrace, “la Piazzetta”, which offers a spectacular view of the area, and a pleasant cozy courtyard, “la Corte”, next to the bar. Breakfast are served under the beautiful outdoor loggia which overlooks the valley. The hotel has two room types, Standard Plus and Superior double rooms. Each room has its own en-suite large and comfortable bathroom furnished with a marble table with integrated basin . Two bathrooms have an old style bathtub, all others have large shower enclosures. The rooms are furnished with double beds with wrought iron bed frame (some are canopied double beds), antique wardrobe or wall closet, and small lounge area with sofa bed or armchair. Main color schemes: beige, antique rose pink, and sand. All curtains are hand-painted and go perfectly well with the quilts patterns. Superior rooms have a panoramic terrace or a small private garden with independent entrance.


    Type: Rural Hotel
    Rooms: 7
    Pool: 11 x 5 m
    Children: Yes
    Open: March – October
    Internet: In the common areas of the hotel
    A/C: Yes
    Food: Breakfast and dinner if at least 8 people are eating at the hotel
    Parking: Yes
    Extras: Wonderful views, olive oil production

  • Map


    This rural hotel is located in the Chianti region, a short drive from Castellina.

    Distances by car

    Airport: Pisa 1.5 h, Florence 1 h, Perugia 2 h Restaurants: 15 min

  • Rates Information

    Prices are per night for two people including breakfast and 10% Government taxes.

    • 21/03 - 15/04
    • 16/04 - 15/05
    • 16/05 - 15/09
    • Double room
      • €170
      • €180
      • €190
  • Booking Policies

    Credit card details and a 30% deposit to be extracted by the hotel to guarantee the reservation. Remaining amount, 70%, to be extracted by the hotel one week before arrival.

    Cancellation Fees

    At reservation a 30% security deposit is required. The following prices apply for cancellation: Cancellation up to 30 days before arrival: the security deposit is kept by the hotel Cancellation from 29 days to 15 days before arrival: 50% of the total amount Cancellation from 2 weeks to one day before arrival: 75% of the amount No show: 100%

    Rates Information

    Prices are per night for two people including breakfast and 10% Government taxes.

Make a Booking Request